01442 828006

Tax News

FREE Initial Consultation

Contact our Accountants to arrange your FREE no obligation consultation at our offices in Tring.

Latest News

Can I claim Child Tax Credits?

Wednesday 17 June 2015

Every household with a child is entitled to claim Child Tax Credits, however the amount you receive will be based on your income and circumstances.

The truth about self-employed expenses travel & subsistence

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Being self-employed you will be looking to include within your accounts as much expenditure as possible. But what travel & subsistence can you claim?

Can I claim tax back on entertaining clients?

Wednesday 3 June 2015

It is widely believed that the cost of entertaining for both existing and potential clients is a fully allowable expense, but that's not the case.

Do I pay tax when I sell my house?

Wednesday 27 May 2015

This must be one of the most asked questions, so let's take a few moments to outline the rules in respect of your home and tax.

How long should you keep your Tax records for?

Wednesday 20 May 2015

This sounds like one of those easy questions to answer, unfortunately the answer isn't straight forward and comes down to your taxation circumstances.

P60 and P11d explained

Wednesday 13 May 2015

Just about everyone at some time has been in paid employment, and at the time of leaving they received a form P45 (pay and tax details). However...

What are the penalties for submitting a Tax Return late?

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Recent statistics from HM Revenue and Customs suggest that 890,000 tax payers have failed to submit their 2014 Tax Returns on the due date.

What should I do with my Tax Return

Wednesday 29 April 2015

As the 2014/2015 Tax Year has ended you may receive a 2015 Tax Return or notice to complete a Tax Return. If you do, what next?

Is it worth me having a Company Car?

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Many employers offer their employees a company car as part of the remuneration package, however this is a benefit in kind and subject to income tax.

Why is my Tax Code different from everyone else?

Wednesday 15 April 2015

You are given your own personal allowance each year and you will normally find your tax code is 1000L/1060L. But what if yours is different?